Monday, October 31, 2011

My oh my, it has been too long. Already I have had so much happen! Last week, I volunteered two days with Remix. Both days, I worked with a little boy named Gama...I think he's about 8 or 9. The first day we worked on reading and writing, the second day we attempted math (but I was no help to the poor kid). I also worked a couple days at the Smoothie place, which I enjoy. But mostly this week, I've been working my butt off helping to get the Pratts moved into their new house (a cute little cottage right next to the church). I also managed to sneak in moving myself, and I now live in the basement of a big yellow house. The Halls, a wonderful family from LBPC, have temporarily adopted me. So far, I have loved living with them. They are some of the sweetest people I have ever met, and I can't wait to spend more time with them. I also have a big, warm bed, and big comfy couch that I can sit on and read books while sipping warm coffee... and a beautiful view of all the fall colors out a gigantic window...and a handy dandy fan heater to warm my chilly little toes! I AM SO BLESSED! Last night, was my third Journey meeting. (The Journey, being the internship I'm doing with Orphan Relief and Rescue). We talked about, and examined the Trinity. We also talked about what was before anything was... So God, apart from and before any creation (talk about mind blowing!). We talked about how God is all-sufficient, and social, etc. So my question was, then why did God create us? If he wasn't bored and didn't need entertainment...then why? The answer I got took me a little by surprise and made me laugh. So just like a husband and wife delight in eachother, and an expression of their joy and delight is having children - so we are God's children - we are an expression of God's love, joy and delight. I found it pretty exciting that I'm an expression of God's love and joy! And so are you. That's the great part. We all are, and each and everyone of us is completly unique - God's one-of-a-kind masterpiece. I don't know about you, but that makes me feel pretty special. Hope you are feeling cherished today as well!! (Because you are!)

No comments:

Post a Comment