Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thankfulness

              How are everyone's New Year's resolutions going? I hope they are going well! (The average resolution lasts 3 days...so if you're still going, I am proud of you!) I also made some resolutions. The first one I made on Dec 31st, and it was a determined committment to
                1.) TRUST God...(no matter what happens, or how i feel) and with trusting comes obedience; which is hard, and sometimes scary! My second resolution is to 2.) Be consistent in spending time with God, and in reading his word. My third resolution has come by means of realizing it is wayy too easy to focus on the negitives in my life, and not on the positives...thus my third resolution is to 3.) Write down, every single day for a year, something I am thankful for.
          Since I'm starting late...I'll kinda have to BS my way through the first 11...but here it goes.

1.) I am so thankful for my family! It was so good to be with them, and celebrate the holidays with them for a few days....
2.) I am so thankful for my friends! (Got to go on a wonderful breakfast date with four of my closest, and dearest friends from childhood!)
3.) I am so grateful for the beautiful, beautiful sunrises in the morning - that eluminate the mountains in all their glory!
4.) I am thankful for music...which helps to draw me into the presence of God (or pump me up for a run!)
5.) I am thankful for Remix! And the lovely children who come...I am grateful for the chance to be a part of their lives...
6.) I am grateful for Orphan Relief and Rescue, and the encouragment and challenge they have been for me - and to others!
7.) I am so grateful I realized I don't have to figure out my life...or worry about it constantly. Everything is going to be OK.
8.) I'm grateful that I had the chance to work at Dairy Queen for a bit...but not much longer than that.
9.) I am grateful for stars, because they are a constant reminder of how much bigger God is than me...
10.) I'm thankful for big, full moons, that make me pause for a moment and stand in awe 
11.) I am thankful for times of rest
12.) I am so thankful I work at Smoothie shop where I can make myself delicious smoothies! (Today I had one that tasted like Rasp. lemonade! It was super delicious.)


....more to come. But also, in general, I am grateful to God who makes all these good things happen! "Every good and perfect gift comes from God our Father" - James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment