Thursday, January 5, 2012

Blue Like Jazz

Today was a great day. I went for a run in the woods...got hopelessly lost, and fell on my face in cold creek, but it was very enjoyable adventure non the less. After that, I walked to the Orphan Relief and Rescue office, (I am making an effort to spend much more time there now - so I go everyday before work). and I helped Rebecca bundled up some beautiful handmade cards from Liberia. Then I spent some time reading. I flew right into chapter 8 on a book called "Blue Like Jazz." Being very skeptical of the title, I was more than a little suprised to find the book incredibly intriguing. It was a lot like the book "Heaven Without Her", except instead of the story going from athiest-christian, the story goes "christian" -lost- christian. It was so gripping to me, because it was a lot like reading my own story... it addressed many of the questions and problems I struggle with, as well problems everyone in the whole world experiences. His writing is raw, real, and funny. Already I have been challenged and convicted by this book. It's almost like a modern day CS Lewis book, but understandable and humorous. I hope I'm not getting too far ahead of myself...I still have to finish the book... but if you need a good book to read, I strongly suggest this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment