Friday, November 18, 2011

Dairy Queen.

Weds was truely an inspired day! Not only did I have that fantastic time with God, I also went out for coffee with some friends, biked to work in the freezing, pouring rain, had a great bible study with Elena and Debbie at the office, and helped out at Remix. I have missed those kids! This time I was with the younger kids - which means more kids, and more bouncing around, trying to keep each kid doing their work and not distracting the others around them. It's difficult, to say the least, but tons of fun. I even managed to sneak in a sketch of an elephant, which the kids loved. :) Then I helped in the kitchen to prepare for the big Thanksgiving dinner we were serving. Finally I sat down at a table with Mr. Hall, Sophie, and four adorable boys. We ate ourselves silly, chatted and had a good time. When we got home, Sophie and Emma and I made cards from magazine scraps. It was fun being so creative! Thursday was an especially inspired day: I baked myself into oblivion! Seriously; I made mulitple dozens of cookies for church (filled up a big red pail full of cookies), brownies for a friend at school, and took on the making of a rolled pumpkin cake. Amazingly, everything turned out okay! Then I took nap. At 6, I went to work at Dairy Queen. Up until yesterday, I have just been in the kitchen making burgers, but yesterday, I moved up in the world - and also got to make a few blizzards! The blizzard machine was trickier than I thought, and I made some funny looking blizzards, but it got better as time went on. Around closing time we got a big rush, so I was retired to the dish pit. I washed and I scrubbed, and I rised and I sanitised, and then I went home; Greatly enjoying the golden minivan I get to borrow for my tiny commute. It's friday today and I have the day off. I plan to relax and enjoy. Hope you are having a lovely, inspired day today as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment