Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I may make plans, but God directs my feet



Only 31 days till I'm in the Philippines! Praise the Lord! I am so excited!!!




God is amazing. Just this sunday some missionaries from the Philippines came to my church, and I was able to meet with them and get some very valuable information. Not to mention meet some of the nicest people ever! Their names are Bruce and Xinia. Bruce is a boeing drop out (I keep telling my Dad to quit boeing and a get a job he actually enjoys), and his wife Xinia is from Costa Rica. Both of them are quite amazing; Xinia speaks four languages! Spanish, English, Tagalog, and Maginadanise. I got to practice all of them on her. haha. The three or four words I know of each anyways.




Meeting them was a huge blessing, I feel so much more prepared for our trip. One thing I learned, is if a filippino offers me food, they don't really mean it unless they offer it to me three times. I was warned not to accept any food that wasn't offered three times, and that I should offer my food to those around me. It's a courtesy thing.




I also loved hearing their stories. Just two weeks before they came back to America, one of their filippino friends offered them her baby. I could tell both Bruce and Xinia wanted the little guy very much. They showed us a picture; he is beautiful! All filippinos are incredibly beautiful. Most inside and out. I can not wait to be there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment